Memberships and Certifications
An old business saying claims: “To better one-self you need to surround yourself with ideas other than your own.” This is a big reason why we don’t just commit to the various groups and organizations listed below, but we actively participate. After all, none of us should ever stop wanting to learn more.
University of Business and International Studies (UBIS) is accredited by EduQua: the Swiss Quality Certification.
UBIS has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. Click here for a listing of programs accredited by the IACBE.
It is also certified ISO 29990. This certification offers the basis for a relevant management system geared specifically to education and the continuous improvement of the management system, the processes and the services. UBIS is proud to be the first ISO 29990 certified Swiss Education Institution (accredited as of 14 June 2013) to have been granted a full accreditation on the delivery of Business and International Relations programs in the United States and abroad.
Further, UBIS is:
- Member of the Federation des Enterprises Romande (FER)
- Associate Member of the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD), which is one of the key business schools networks in the world and being a part of the network will bring many opportunities for faculty & student exchanges, knowledge sharing and collaboration.
Dual Swiss/US Degrees
UBIS* offers its students and exclusive advantage: the possibility to obtain US degree accreditation with no extra cost for supplementary courses.
The global collaboration between the University of the Potomac** in Washington, D.C. and UBIS provides the foundation for the transfer of UBIS credits to the University of the Potomac and the University of the Potomac credits to UBIS, in such a way that our students can combine courses (On-line or On-ground) from both institutions. At the end of their studies, our students graduate with a degree from Switzerland and another from USA.
Both institutions share a mission and vision to provide the best educational opportunities for our students.
* UBIS is a registered Institution of Higher Education offering internationally recognized programs designed in accordance with the European Credits Accumulation System (ECTS). To qualify for the program, students must currently be enrolled or seeking enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate UBIS program.
** The University of the Potomac is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, (267) 284-5000. The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Learn more about:
- Dual Swiss/U.S. Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA)
- Dual Swiss/U.S Bachelor of Arts in International Relations (BA-IR)
- Dual U.S/Swiss Master in Business Administration (MBA)